This role will allow the successful applicant to bring their previous construction and estimating experience to work autonomously within an established tendering team. The applicant will be required to provide detailed cost analyses on complex tenders and produce accurate bids in line with our client’s requirements.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is critical to the success of our business, and the applicant’s commitment to ideal execution, competitive submission and development of strong relationships is key to this success.
The applicant will be encouraged to participate in business development activities in order to develop new growth strategies and foster targeted opportunities. Our ideal applicant will be able to source relevant opportunities, liaise with clientele and deliver solutions in line with our client’s unique requirements.
The opportunity is suited to someone looking to make a long term commitment to the success and growth of the company. Role expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to read and understand project documentation
- Development of construction methodologies and tender submission documentation
- Detailed and accurate material take-offs
- Attendance at site inspections
- Development of strong supplier relationships
- Prepare budgeted costs for clientele on short notice
- Work within stringent time frames to ensure bid deadlines are met
- Focus on client needs to develop custom pricing solutions
- Participate in weekly tender meetings to report on pending tenders
- Ability to adopt new systems
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate all of the following:
- Electrical Trade or relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Experience in Electrical Construction projects
- Experience with tendering procedures and the opportunity life cycles
- Five years’ experience in a similar role
- A strong level of attention to detail
- Motivation and enthusiasm for success, with a strong work ethic and competitive mindset
- Experience using estimating software and advanced computer skills
CEQ Estimators are provided with:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Superannuation Guarantee Contribution in line with statutory requirements
- Flexible Working Conditions
- Genuine Career Development Opportunities
All enquiry can be forwarded to Recruitment on 07 3290 4333.