CEQ is seeking to recruit a hands on, commercially astute and decisive, National HSEQ Manager to lead the Company’s Safety, Quality and System Management functions.
The successful candidate will have a collaborative approach and the ability to work with and influence other senior managers to reach Company HSEQ objectives, across all of its locations, industries, and countries.
Reporting directly the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and review of all health, safety and quality initiatives including policies, procedures and education across the Company in line with HSE legislation and quality management guidelines.
The role will involve travel, some out of hours work, and the flexibility to respond to workplace requirements.
- Manage HSEQ compliance across all regions, including the greater Asia Pacific Operations
- Provide strategic direction and advice to the Senior Management team;
- Drive on-site accountability for compliance and innovation in practice;
- Develop and implement all HSEQ related Policy and Procedures,
- Lead the safety culture within the company, driving culture and compliance through the development of relationships;
- Manage the culture created through relevant quality processes, providing framework for safety protocols;
- Develop, drive and facilitate the consistent implementation of improvement strategies in regard to quality, environment and safety;
- Ensure accreditations are maintained;
- Improve and implement Quality Management Plans and HSE Management Plans;
- Assist with HSEQ requirements on tender submissions;
- Review and, where required, investigate accidents, incidents and near misses, completing comprehensive reports;
- Manage and maintain all CEQ business system to meet ISO standards.
- Foster and drive continuous business system improvement
- Oversee and execute CEQ internal and ISO audit schedules, and associated reporting
- Maintain CEQ’s Zero LTI record through employee education, system and procedure development, and implementation;
- Generally provide advice and service to all areas of the construction operations in the field of HSE and Quality.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relatable role and industry (Electrical preferred but not essential)
- Lead Auditor / ICAM Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of the relevant Australian Standards.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage and lead.
- Effective Time Management, Organisation and Planning Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Manual Drivers License.
- You have proven experience in a similar role and can demonstrate successful execution of the role requirements;
- You are able to bring knowledge and application experience to our team, and have the capacity to expand on your current knowledge levels, while growing with the business;
- You are comfortable in a client facing role, with great communication;
- You have a personality that will engage and motivate all around you;
- You are administratively strong, and comprehensive in your documentation;
- You are a passionate and ambitious self starter who is determined to succeed;
- You are excited about the prospect of a challenge, business growth, and the contribution you can make to the business.
A competitive salary package is on offer for the right candidate, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Including professional development opportunities.
CEQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted, and no agency applications will be accepted.